Janealogy’s Scottish family history research is tailored to what you want to find out and to your budget. That could be: a full family tree going back several generations; accessing and transcribing documents not available online; tackling a ‘brick wall’.
At the start
- We’ll clarify what you want to find out. I will tell you if I think the research is likely to yield little information.
- Agree the scope of the research, how much it will cost
- I’ll need copies of documents you already have or work you have done to avoid duplication
When the work is complete I provide a report*
- Electronically, by email as standard. Other options available for a supplement eg hardcopy report.
- Including transcripts of birth, marriage, death and census or other relevant records, or copies of records if you’ve asked for them
- With ancestor or descendant charts if relevant
- Detailing any unsuccessful searches (they take research time too)
- Fully referenced
* For the Scots Pine Branch option, a chart is supplied by email; no written report or copies of records.
If you are not satisfied with my work (and I very much hope that won’t be the case!) please contact me first so we can sort things.
If things are not resolved to your satisfaction, I am a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists and their Code of Ethics and Professional Practices , to which I adhere, sets out how to make a complaint and how they will handle it.